terms & conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SELF-DRIVE BOOKING AND HIRE
This Agreement is made between Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd T/A Buttercup Bus VW Campers
And the person/persons signing the Booking Form
Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd hires the van (including any replacement vehicle) to you subject to this Rental Agreement which incorporates these terms and conditions and the information and conditions contained on the booking form that you completed and agreed online or completed and signed on paper. In entering into this Rental Agreement you accept these terms and conditions and confirm that you will strictly comply with them. The rights and obligations contained in these terms and conditions govern your use of our van and are not transferable by you. You acknowledge that the van is owned by us and that any attempted transfer or sub letting of the van by anyone other than us is prohibited and a criminal offence. We permit you to use the van on the terms of this Rental Agreement only.
Except where otherwise stated the following words have the following meanings in this Agreement:
“The Van” – This means the VW campervan hired to you under this Agreement and as specified to you by us including all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment.
”You” – The person or persons signing this agreement
“The Agreement”, “The Rental Agreement” and “Terms and Conditions” – This agreement and any document expressly referred /’to in this agreement including an insurance document and self drive booking form
“Security Deposit” – The sum of £500 as detailed below paid by Bank Transfer, debit or credit card.
“Booking deposit” – sum of £100 paid at the time of booking
“We / us” – Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd T/A Buttercup Bus VW Campers
- Booking – The van hire booking form must be completed online or sent to us with a non-refundable booking deposit of £100 (payable by Bank transfer or credit/debit card). On receipt of the booking form, the signed terms and conditions (or terms and conditions confirmed as agreed online), completed insurance form, your deposit and receipt of written confirmation from us, this contract shall have effect. The balance of the hire charge (full charge less deposit) is due 28 days (4 weeks) before the start of the rental period. A security deposit of £500 is payable (by PayPal, Bank Transfer or credit/debit card ) in the week leading up to the collection of your van.
- Choice of Van Although we want you to have the van of your choice, we must allow for unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to provide you with a suitable comparable or superior alternative, without notice, upon collection. Should a substitute not be available upon collection, we will be responsible for a full refund of monies received by us. All rights are reserved by us to refuse any hire if in our reasonable opinion you are not suitable to take possession of the vehicle. No refunds are payable on accommodation, or vans not being available where you change, cancel or seek to vary the Agreement after departure. We take no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage that you might experience unless caused by our negligence.
- Cancellation In the event of a cancellation the following applies:
- Cancellations between the time of confirmed reservation and 28 days (4 weeks) before the rental period- the booking deposit is forfeited.
- Cancellations between 28 days and 7 days of start of the rental period – a fee of 50% of the balance of the payable hire charge will be incurred.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before the rental period commences – 100% of the total hire charges are forfeited. However, if we do manage to get another booking for the same van, for the same rental period we will waive the cancellation fee but not the booking deposit.
- If you change your booking date, we will only honour booking deposits for a period of 1 year from receipt after which time the booking deposit is forfeited.
- Security Deposit The £500 security deposit is refundable on safe return of the van, in the condition in which it left our premises subject to an inspection satisfactory to us. This must be paid to cover the possibility of damage (whether negligent, wilful, accidental or otherwise) or loss to the van or the fixtures and fittings therein or the living equipment and windows, wheels, tyres etc included with the van. The van and all its equipment must be returned in good condition, with no damage to it, its contents or any third party property. The van must be returned with the fuel refilled to its agreed pre-hire level.
Your security deposit will normally be refunded within 5 days of the end of the rental period. Should there be any damage or requirement for any repair, replacement or special cleaning, the costs will deducted from the security deposit before the balance is returned to you. You irrevocably authorise us to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due to us arising out of this Agreement. If we are not holding your card information, then you agree irrevocably to pay all charges upon request. In the event that there is a claim we reserve the right to retain the security deposit for such long a period as is necessary to quantify the charges incurred which are to be deducted from the deposit.
The £500 security deposit will be used towards funding any loss or damage whatsoever to the van, equipment, fixtures and fittings as well as payment for the insurance excess.
Where the security deposit is insufficient to cover the insurance excess and costs for damaged equipment, fixtures and fittings, living equipment and windows, wheels, tyres etc included with the van, you will pay any additional amounts due. These will be invoiced as appropriate. Where charges are incurred which result in your security deposit being debited we will provide you with an itemised invoice detailing the charges incurred by you. With your signature below you agree you to pay all charges upon presentation of the invoice.
- Charges If, on arrival to collect your van, your licence is unacceptable due to endorsements or defacement, you will be unable to hire the van and no monies will be refunded to you. The charges stated on the rental invoice reflect your use of the van during the rental period and include basic hire charges, insurance, charges for any optional or ancillary services chosen by you, and any applicable taxes at the prevailing rate. Additional charges may arise from your use of the van during the rental period, and may include (but are not limited to) loss of or damage to the van and its contents during the rental period and/or until the van is examined, the insurance excess, refuelling service charge and fuel cost, any late return charge, any additional driver charge, any pet damage charge, extra cleaning charge and any road tolls or fines for charges arising from traffic or parking offences during the rental period. All charges are subject to final calculation within 14 days of the end of the rental period.
In some cases, we will incur additional charges if the drivers to be insured have traffic convictions, or are using a foreign driver’s licence or works in what our insurers consider to be a high risk occupation or is aged younger than 25 or older than 70, or has criminal convictions, or any physical or mental conditions which may inhibit driving, or has had an accident in the previous 3 years. These charges will be passed to you and will be notified in advance.
- Payment of Charges All charges and expenses payable by you under this Agreement are due on demand by us. If you do not pay all charges due, a late charge of 1.5% per calendar month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd T/A Buttercup Bus VW Campers, including reasonable legal fees will be added. When you comprise more than one person, each person is jointly and severally liable for all obligations of you pursuant to this Agreement.
- Payment by Credit Card Where payment is paid by credit card, you agree that: a) we are irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from the credit card issuer all amounts due pursuant to this Agreement in respect of the Security Deposit and the hire charges payable; the open security payment. b) you shall indemnify and keep us indemnified against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying a credit card issuer of a dispute; c) we may process the credit card voucher. In the event that we elect to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment (which may be cancelled 5 days after the completion of the Rental Period), you agree that we are entitled to obtain payment from the credit card issuer pursuant to the paragraph above (a) in respect of any amounts due which are not known at the time of cancelling
- Insurance The vans all have comprehensive insurance for the first and any other named drivers. Insurance is only for our van. The interior equipment and other items as specified in the Van Handbook are not covered by the Insurance and any damage will incur costs in addition to the Excess.
Failing to provide information may invalidate your insurance and render you liable for all losses howsoever sustained including claims by third parties.
You must provide true and complete information for our insurers as requested on the booking and insurance form (paper form and online) at least 10 days before the hire period commences. If you make your hire booking less than 10 days before the hire is due to commence, all information required by the insurance company must be provided at the time of booking. This is to ensure that the insurance company can confirm they are willing to insure your chosen driver(s). Failure to provide this information within the time specified may result in us being unable to proceed with your booking.
Should you fail to provide the required information in time and your booking is cancelled as a consequence, our policy on cancellation fees as set out above applies.
You are advised to take out your own personal effects and travel insurance to cover items not part of the insurance, last minute cancellations etc.
We are not responsible for any damage in connection with any accident or breakdown caused by you, nor are we responsible for any loss from the van. Our insurance policy protects us and any authorised driver against legal claims from any other person or for death or personal injury or damage to any other person’s property caused by use of the van on the road, on condition you report all such incidents to us during the rental period or on return of the van (and you are using the van within the terms and conditions of this Agreement). In the event that any third party suffers death, personal injury or damage to property caused by use of the van which involves a breach by you or any authorised driver of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that of our insurance policy, or our Health and Safety Guidelines, you agree to reimburse us if we are obliged to compensate (a) the insurers for any payment they make to a third party on your behalf and/or (b) any third party.
The insurance on the van is limited to 50% of cover for consequences resulting from fire due to cooking or heating. In this instance you will be liable for the outstanding 50%.
- Insurance excess: Our insurers may increase the excess payable by you if you are under 25 or over 70, hold a foreign licence, have driving offences on your licence or have criminal convictions. We will inform you before the hire period commences of any increases in the excess the insurance company intends to make. For your information, this excess is usually set at about £800.
If an insurance claim is made, you are responsible for a £500 excess (or excess of a greater amount if you are notified before the rental period commences about such change to the excess due) which is due in each and every incident and includes loss or damage to equipment, fixtures and fittings or to third party property. The excess applies in respect of each claim.
The Insurance does not apply to windscreens, windows, wheels, tyres, the underside, the roof and the interior of the van, towing charges, or where the van is driven off road or on unsurfaced roads or without due care and attention, negligently, recklessly or where the driver is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Your liability to pay the cost of the damage will therefore not be waived in these cases and you may be liable for the full cost. In respect of windscreen damage a separate policy excess charge of £500 may be levied.
- Drivers’ Licence, Health and History Drivers must be over 25 years of age and under 70, in good health and hold a full driving licence. “Good Health” means that you have no mental or physical disabilities which would interfere with your ability to drive, for example stroke/deafness/heart condition/diabetes/loss of limb/loss of sight in an eye/epilepsy. In addition, you must not be taking drugs likely to affect your driving or drugs prescribed by a registered medical practitioner for treatment of drug addiction.
You will need to have held a UK or European Union driving licence for at least three years. We will require the driving licence numbers and other identification information for all those who intend to drive, when you make your booking. We will need to see the driving licences for all named drivers, plus two forms of address identification such as a recent utility bill (for each driver) on collection of the van. We are also required to run a DVLA check on your license. This can be performed by you visiting the DVLA website to generate a ‘check code’. A maximum of 3 drivers per rental is allowed by our insurers. All drivers must be present on collection of the campervan. You cannot drive away with a van without us having sight of your licences and ID documents.
The van must only be driven by you or any other person who has first been authorised by us, for whom you have provided the insurance, driving licence and personal identification information. Failure to provide accurate information may invalidate the insurance and render you liable for all losses howsoever sustained including claims by third parties.
You warrant that all information supplied to us in connection with this agreement is true and complete.
In particular, on collection of the van you warrant that information supplied with the original booking has not materially
changed, including but not limited to the number of points on a driver’s licence.
- Our Obligations We will supply the van to you in good overall and operating condition, complete with all necessary documents, parts and accessories. You agree to return the van to us in the same condition as you rented it, subject to fair wear and tear, with the same documents, parts and accessories, at the location and on the date and time designated in the Booking Form or sooner upon demand by us. Failure to do so may result in further charges becoming due and payable by you.
- Condition You and we will check the condition of the van at the start of the rental term and on return of the vehicle. You acknowledge receipt of the van which appears, upon visual inspection, to be in good, clean condition and sound working order on collection. It is your responsibility to check the van for existing damage, upon collection of the vehicle and to inform us of such before you depart.
- Collection and Return
When you arrive to collect your van, please ensure you allow at least an hour for us to show you around the van, how to drive the van, how to operate the cooker, roof, camping gaz, and other accessories and to brief you on our health and safety guidelines. We will also need to complete the paperwork in that time. You will also need time to load your luggage into the van.
- Return Please return the van by the agreed time on the booking form. Please allow sufficient time to get back to our base so that you do not push the van too hard trying to get back in a hurry. No van can be collected outside our normal business hours (i.e. between 10am and 6pm) without prior arrangement. Out-of-hours collections can be arranged, when staff are available, for an extra £35. This charge is in addition to the agreed hire tariff.
If you return the van outside normal business hours, you must comply with the out of hours return instructions, in which case you will remain fully responsible for the van until the return location re-opens for business. If you fail to comply with these instructions, you will remain responsible for the van until we are able to access it.
If at any time we have agreed that you may return the van to a place other than our premises, or if we have agreed to collect it, you will remain fully responsible for the van until it is collected by us or the AA. You are responsible for any costs incurred in returning the van to our workshop should you abandon the vehicle.
We will not refund the hire charge if the van is returned prior to the return date due to weather, personal circumstances or any other reason whatsoever.
- Late Return If a van is returned to our base later than the agreed time, without our prior agreement, £35 per hour will be payable. You will also be affecting the holiday of the next person to hire your campervan. Should the late return of the van make us liable for extra costs, we reserve the right to pass on these costs to you. Charges and costs for late return will be deducted from your security deposit. By signing this Agreement you agree to us making such deductions. Should the late return be due to accident you will be liable for any revenue lost due to the van being unavailable for hire. No refund is given for early return of the vehicle.
- Cleaning You agree that we are entitled to charge you an additional cost, if the van requires more than our standard cleaning on its return, to restore it to its pre-rental condition, allowing for fair wear and tear.
- Occupying the Campervan You must inform us on the booking form or subsequently in writing 7 days before the start of the rental period of the names and ages of all the people who will occupy the campervan during your stay. Failure to do so will be a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may invalidate insurance.
- Good Driving – suggestions for an enjoyable ride Keep the speed down – your van’s top speed is 50 mph – our Classic VW campervans were built in the 1970s when vehicles were very different! You will find the gears and brakes very different to modern cars and it is advisable to leave lots of space and allow lots of time for braking and gear changing. Don’t let your van struggle up hills – better to change down and keep the revs up.
- Engine Care If there is damage or breakdown caused by your own actions, you will be liable for the cost of repair/replacement. This could be such things as pushing the engine too hard, or putting diesel in a petrol engine or vice versa, or burning out the clutch. This list is not exhaustive. You must take all reasonable and practicable steps to properly and safely maintain the camper including regular checks on; batteries, engine oil and other gauges, bulbs and tyre pressures and condition when driven more than 500 km, refilling or replacing as necessary. If you cause damage to the engine through driving too fast (over 50 mph) over too long a period of time, and ignoring the warning lights, you will be liable for any repairs required or even the cost of a replacement engine.
- Tyres You agree that the tyres on the Van are visibly sound and appear within legal limits. Any damage or repair to tyres is the responsibility of you, unless it can be shown that damage is due to invisible defects in the manufacture of the tyre which are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, in which case we may reimburse you. For any reimbursement you must: a) Return the defective tyre to us for inspection and return; b) Produce appropriate receipts; and c) Accept the decision of the manufacturer as to whether reimbursement is made.
- Health and Safety You must follow the health and safety guidelines when operating the campervan and its appliances and using any equipment in the campervan or tent. The instructions for using the van and its accessories and facilities including the health and safety guidelines are provided to you upon receipt of the van verbally and are to be found in the campervan handbook in your campervan.
- Seat Belts, Booster and Baby Seats You must carry only as many passengers as there are seat belts in the van. Passengers travelling in the buddy seats do so at their own risk. You are legally responsible for obtaining and using a child or baby seat. For each child under 135 cms (4’5” inches approx) or under 12 years of age you must use a booster seat or baby seat as appropriate. For further info, visit www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules.
- Dos and Don’ts You agree that you shall not:
- carry more passengers than the seat belt capacity of the van,
- use the van to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward,
- tow or push any vehicle, trailer or other object,
- drive off road, on unsurfaced roads or on roads unsuitable for the vehicle,
- drive when it is overloaded or when loads are not properly secured,
- use the van for any illegal purpose, or carry any object or any substance which is illegal or, because of its condition or smell may harm the van and/or delay our ability to rent the van again,
- damage van by submersion in water or contact with salt water,
- take part in any race, rally, test or other contest, drive or park in contravention of any traffic or other regulations,
- drive or allow to the van to be driven in restricted areas including, but not limited to, airport runways, airport service roads, and associated areas,
- undertake driving training activity or put the van through a rotary car wash.
- Extent of Hire We would ask that you remain within the South East of England during your hire period with our classic 1970s VW Campervans. They are also permitted to attend the Glastonbury Festival. However if you would like to go farther afield, please let us know and we will consider your request.
- Fuel On collection, we will agree the fuel level with you. You need to return the van refilled to that same level at the end of the hire. An administration charge of £25, plus the cost of the missing fuel will be deducted from your security deposit if the van is returned with missing fuel. The campervans take unleaded petrol. It is your responsibility to keep the fuel tank topped up during your hire.
- Camping gaz/batteries Camping Gas is provided for the cooker. The light/torch is battery operated. We will meet the cost of one additional cylinder of gas on production of a valid VAT receipt. We will not pay for an incorrect size or make of gas cylinder and will charge you £70 for replacing the incorrect size or make of gas cylinder.
- Smoking It is illegal to smoke inside our vans or tents. You will be liable for any damage caused to the van, the tent or their contents through smoking.
- Pets We welcome pets. We charge £25 per hire. This is for additional cleaning. Pets must be disclosed on our Booking Form and only pets that we confirm are acceptable may be brought into the campervan. All damage, however caused by your animals, will be charged to you. You undertake to comply with current law concerning the carriage of animals when travelling in the van at all times. Pets must never be left alone or unsupervised in the campervan.
- Keys In the event that keys are lost or damaged you will be liable for the reasonable costs of obtaining replacement keys, and any costs associated with providing the keys to you during the hire period You must lock the van at all times when not in use.
- Your Car During the period of the hire you may park your car at our premises but do so at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to your car or its contents unless caused by us.
- Prohibited use of the Van You are authorised to drive the van on the conditions of this Agreement including, at all times, to use the van in a responsible manner. If you do not comply with these conditions, you will be liable to us for any liability or loss incurred by us or any damages or reasonable expenses we suffer or incur as a result of your breach of the Agreement. We reserve the right to take back the van at any time, and at your expense, if you are in breach of this Agreement. You must look after the vehicle, make sure it is locked, secure and parked in a safe place when not in use. You must remove and keep in a safe place any removable radio and/or radio/CD face plate when the van is unoccupied. You must use seat belts, child seats and other child restraints as appropriate and required by law.
- Loss or Damage You will be liable to us for all losses and costs incurred by us in the event of loss, damage to or theft of the vehicle, its parts or accessories, while on rental, if this damage, loss or theft involves the deception of or by you or another party, or as a result of the keys remaining in the van whilst it is unoccupied, or was caused intentionally or negligently by you or your party. Your liability may include the cost of repairs, loss in value of the vehicle, loss of rental income, towing and storage charges and an administration charge, which recovers our costs for handling any claim arising from damage caused to the van unless responsibility for the damage lies with us or has been determined by a third party or their insurers to lie with the third party. You will not be liable to us for any charge or excess if the loss or damage is directly due to our negligence or our breach of this Rental Agreement. You will be liable for the loss or damage to any in- car entertainment equipment – cover for these items (i.e. the CD player) is not provided by our insurers.
- Breakdown If you have any difficulties report these immediately to us. In the event of breakdown, recovery or repair services will be provided. All our vans have AA relay. If you incur any minor repair bills (reasonably incurred rectifying mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the vehicle) we will reimburse you up to £50. This will not include repairs to audio equipment. Just produce your valid VAT receipt on the completion of your hire (provided the hirer was not directly responsible for any damage). Repairs costing in excess of £50 must be authorised by us PRIOR to the work being undertaken.
A replacement van may be offered but this will be subject to availability. Where a replacement is not available we will be liable for refunding your hire charge for any days you lose the total use of the vehicle. Where we are able to provide a replacement vehicle, you will need to return to our premises, preferably with the AA Relay service returning your original campervan, to collect a replacement vehicle, if one is available. If you have caused the breakdown through your own actions you will be liable for all costs incurred and we will not refund you any unused days of hire. If you have broken down you must remain at a safe distance from the van until the AA Recovery Vehicle arrives. You may not abandon the van at the roadside. You must hand over the keys to the authorised AA Recovery Vehicle Driver. If you abandon the vehicle, we will deduct any transport and labour costs incurred in returning the van to our premises and any costs arising from loss or damage to the van whilst it is unattended from your Security Deposit.
- Accidents, theft and vandalism
You must, where possible, report any traffic accident involving the van to the police (and us) immediately and report loss, damage or theft involving the van to the police (and us) within 24 hours of the incident or discovery of the incident. Our insurance requires that you must not admit to any liability, release any party from liability, settle any claim or accept any disclaimer in the event of the accident, but should, if possible, take the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses, car registration numbers, together with all the details of the accident, time, place, how it came about, damage to vehicles etc. If you have a camera, take photos of the scene. Please do not move the vehicles before the police arrive, as long as keeping them in situ is a safe thing to do.
An accident or theft report form must always be completed and submitted to us when you return the van or within 3 days of return of the vehicle, containing all the above information, plus diagrams if possible. In the event of theft, you must return the keys to us where possible. You agree to co-operate with us and our insurers in any investigation or subsequent legal proceedings, providing evidence and attending court if necessary, arising out of any loss of or damage to the vehicle.
- Return of items left in the campervan We will be happy to return your belongings left in the campervan at an administration charge of £10 plus postage for each item. This will be deducted from your security deposit or invoiced as necessary.
- Your Liabilities You are personally liable for all road tolls, fines and legal penalties (e.g., parking tickets, speeding) which are incurred during your period of hire. Any charges subsequently notified to us, will be immediately communicated to you for payment within their terms. By signing (or confirming online) this Agreement, you accept this. You are liable for any losses or damage caused by you and/or your group and we cannot accept liability for any losses or damage or liability caused by you to yourselves or third parties, or their property.
You are liable for any damage above cab height – you are fully responsible for damage caused by failure to assess the height of the van and striking overhead or overhanging objects. You will indemnify us against any liability, caused by damage to overhead or overhanging objects and subsequent damage to third parties and their property. You will also be responsible for any damage to third parties and their property that arises through your negligence; for example and without limitation: damage caused through loaded luggage.
You must use the van and its contents responsibly and comply with our instructions and Health and Safety Guidelines. Where no instructions or advice or guidelines are given you must assume that ‘normal’ and ‘common sense’ rules apply.
- Breaches of these Terms and Conditions If you commit a breach of these Terms and Conditions or our Health and Safety Guidelines, we will have the right to terminate your booking without notification, and if you are already in the van, we may require you to return or vacate it immediately. In the event of you committing a breach of these Terms and Conditions no refund of the fees you have paid will be returnable to you. You will also be liable for any costs incurred in returning the van to our base. Breaches in our Terms & Conditions or Health and Safety Guidelines may invalidate your insurance and you will be liable for all losses howsoever sustained including claims by third parties.
- Our Liability to You We only be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party or to your or their property, where such loss or damage is due to our negligence. Where you are a customer acting in the course of a business, this paragraph shall apply instead of the one above. (You will have obtained our permission and that of our insurance company to use the van for business purposes.) We do not accept liability to customers acting in the course of a business for losses of profits, business, contracts, goodwill, anticipated savings, expenses, or other similar losses, for any reason whatsoever. To the extent permitted by law and except in the case of personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, the maximum limit of our liability to business customers, whether in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise shall be the price agreed to be paid by you for the right to use the van for the period agreed.
- Whole Agreement These Terms and Conditions override and supersede all previous versions and any previous course of dealing between the parties and incorporate the whole Agreement together with any insurance conditions notified to you at the time of hire or collection (and which are available to view at our base). In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other of our literature, whether found on our website or otherwise, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions will prevail. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is prohibited by law or judged by a court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from this Agreement and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of this Agreement, and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances of or the validity or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions.
- Personal Data When you book your campervan, we collect personal information such as your name, email address, home address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, security code and the card’s expiry date. This allows us to book the campervan and insurance for you. We will also collect non-transactional data should you enter a competition, request a brochure or take part in a survey, for example. Where you have opted in on our booking form, we may use the information that we collect to occasionally notify you about news and information we think you may find valuable. For example, we may send you our latest brochure, supplements, newsletters and special offers. If at any stage you decide that you would rather not receive such information, please contact us by either using the “unsubscribe” link on the email correspondence, telephone or post. We reveal your identity information to our insurance company. We will not sell your information to another company.
- Governing law and jurisdiction We and you agree that the Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. We and you irrevocably agree that the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Agreement or its subject matter.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Below is an outline of our Health and Safety Guidelines. You will be given more detail about health and safety when you collect the van. Our campervan handbooks, which reside in each campervan, also provide details of health and safety guidelines for driving the vans, and using the van facilities, etc. We suggest you read these handbooks once you have collected your van as, in addition to the health and safety considerations, they provide useful information about your van and its facilities.
Our Premises When you arrive at our premises to collect your van, please keep your children supervised at all times. We try to ensure your van can be parked outside, next to your car where possible when you arrive, to facilitate meeting your van and loading your luggage. Please only park in front of our premises, and do not block road access.
General Safety Please take all precautions to protect your own health and safety and that of anyone else in the campervan or tent, including the health and safety of persons not in your party that may be affected by your conduct and actions. Do not leave your children unattended in the campervan or tent at any time. Ensure a responsible adult is in the vehicle at all times when the appliances are being used. Ensure you are aware of the location of safety equipment such as the fire extinguisher (under front passenger seat).
Fire, accidents, breakdown, etc See our campervan handbook, provided in the van. You will also be given verbal instructions when you collect the van. It is imperative that you and your party are familiar with these instructions.
Health and Safety at Campsite When you arrive at each Campsite, ensure you familiarise yourself, and all members of your party, with the health and safety arrangements applicable on the site. It is imperative you are aware of the following:
Fire – to include assembly point, systems for raising the alarm, etc.
First Aid – location of the first aid box, details of the first aiders, etc
Seat Belts You must carry only as many passengers as there are seat belts in the van and ensure all passengers are strapped into the seatbelts when the vehicle is moving. Passengers travelling in the buddy seats do so at their own risk. You are legally responsible for obtaining and using a child or baby seat.
Roof Please remember to strap the roof down before driving anywhere. Please only raise the elevating roof when the vehicle is stationary – the ignition is switched off, the hand brake is on and you are parked on level ground. Please always ensure the elevating roof is down and strapped into place before moving off.
Roof Rack If you are using the roof rack, we cannot accept responsibility for any injury to yourself or anyone else, or loss or damage to your own or anyone else’s property. If you do decide to put something on the roof rack, it is your responsibility to secure it well and to take the objects on and off, being mindful of the risks involved in lifting large or/and heavy items.
Use of Appliances and Equipment Ensure you read the instructions for the use of the appliances and facilities in the campervan before using any of them. You will have been told how to use these when you collected the van. The instructions are to be found in the handbook. Please exercise caution at all times when using the appliances and facilities.
Ensure the gas is turned off at the gas cylinder at all times when the cooker, is not in use. Please ensure all the appliances are switched off and the gas is turned off at the cylinder before retiring at night and before driving. To turn the gas off at the cylinder, turn the black knob on the regulator clockwise. Turning this black knob anti clockwise turns the gas on. Only use the appliances and facilities whilst the vehicle is parked on level ground, with the handbrake on. Before starting to drive the van, always ensure the electrical supply is disconnected.
Use of a disposable BBQ Do not use any disposable BBQ in the campervan or awning and keep it at a distance of 3 metres from the awning and van when used. Please seek permission before using a disposable BBQ on someone’s land, be it a campsite or a farm.
Towing Towing with the campervan is prohibited.
Driving After the power steering and ABS of modern cars these vans are a totally different driving experience. You are driving something that was designed in the 60s and built in the 70s. Please bear this in mind and relax into a different pace of life. The top engine speed for these vans is 50 mph!!! Please allow ample time for all your journeys. As your vehicle does not have ABS, please leave lots of space, be vigilant on the road and allow more time for braking and gear changing. The van does not have the capability to accelerate out of any situation, so again, drive carefully and remain extra vigilant, being aware that this is a totally different driving experience!
Please do not drive or operate anything in the vehicle when you are under the influence of drink or drugs or any medication that may cause drowsiness.
We ask that you exercise caution at all times in the use of the campervan and its equipment, following instructions (given verbally on collection and provided in your campervan handbook) where appropriate. Please do not hesitate to contact us (0789 996 5903) if you are unsure about how to operate anything. Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd (T/A Buttercup Bus) cannot be held responsible for any customer negligence where instructions have not been followed, or where unauthorised equipment has been used.
Terms & Conditions of Wedding Transport Service
1. What these terms cover
Please find set out below the terms and conditions upon which we, Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd T/A Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers, will provide our wedding transport services to you. Please read the Terms carefully and make sure you understand them. If there are any Terms you do not understand, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide clarification If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
Please note that by ticking the checkbox on the booking form, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept our Terms please refrain from proceeding with your proposed booking.
We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
2. About us
2.1 Who we are. We are trading as Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers, registered as Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd a company in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 7459387 and our registered office is at 2 Waterworks Cottages, Waddon Way, Croydon, CR0 4HY.
In these Terms, we will refer to ourselves as per our trading name, “Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers”.
2.2 What services do we provide? We specialise in retro VW campervans and beetles for a range of services to include wedding transport, campervan photobooths, self-drive holidays and promotional tours. These terms are in relation to the wedding transport services only.
2.3 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning us on 0203 582 0289 or by writing to us by email via our Contacts page.
2.5 The term “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails, WhatsApp, responses to social media enquiries and SMS.
3. Our contract with you
3.1 The booking process Once we have confirmed availability and pricing with you, we will issue you with an online booking form so that you can provide details of your booking, to include information on the date, timings, locations, passengers and contact details.
This booking form will also have a tick-box, which you must select to accept these terms and conditions.
Once we receive the booking form, we will confirm that we are able to fulfil the booking and will issue you with a booking deposit invoice.
3.2 How we will accept your booking. Our acceptance of your booking will take place when we email you a receipt for your booking deposit, at which point a contract will come into existence on these terms between you and Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers.
4. Our services
4.1 Vehicles may vary slightly from their pictures. The vehicle you book will be the actual vehicle provided on the day. Whilst we have made every effort to display the colours and sizes accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer, mobile device or printer will accurately display the colour and dimensions of the cars, hence any slight deviation from those images.
4.2 The scope of our services. Your booking form and subsequent contract is for the collection of the wedding party from the specified collection address and onward transportation to the ceremony. Where booked, it also includes the journey from the Ceremony venue to the designated reception venue.
4.3 Special services included in the contract. Where selected in the booking form, we may include special services alongside the booked wedding transport, to include soft drinks hampers, hampers for your own alcoholic drinks, personalised bunting and additional hours of service.
If you have also selected our campervan photobooth services, the terms of that part of the service will be covered under separate terms and conditions.
4.4 Late alterations to booking. Any alterations made to the booking on the day of the service or a request for additional time above the agreed finish time in the booking form, is at the discretion of our driver. Alterations made on the day will incur an extra charge (which we will invoice to you after the wedding day) or may not be honoured if that conflicts with another booking.
4.5 No smoking policy. UK law prohibits smoking in cars used by the public and we adopt a strict No Smoking policy.
4.6 Choice of route. The driver will use their skill and judgement to ensure the vehicle is driven at a lawful, safe and sensible speed in relation to the road and weather conditions.
Our driver will choose the route based on experience, instructions from Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers’ head office and/ or use of satellite navigation. Satellite navigation will be used (on silent) for all journeys as a tool to manage anticipating junctions, or re-routing in the event of unexpected traffic or road blocks.
On the day, if the Customer prefers, the driver will accept a route requested by you, if you provide details throughout the journey.
Our vehicles are tracked via Telematics to provide information about the hired vehicle, driving style, location and routes taken.
4.7 Tarmac surfaces Campervan hire is for transport across tarmac surfaces only. We may consider other terrain on a case by case basis. Please us in advance of any non-tarmac travel required (eg weddings in a field / forest etc). Where the ground may not be suitable for travel in the vehicle, the Driver may stop the journey short or look for an alternative route.
4.8 Weather and route closures No responsibility can be taken for route closures or for restrictions relating to vehicle access to any location, hold ups on route or adverse weather conditions. We cannot be held responsible for late arrival or cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control or for any subsequent consequential losses. In the event of extreme weather conditions such as ice or snow, we will make the decision as to whether the car is able to fulfil the contract. If possible an alternative car more suitable for driving in these conditions will be sent with the prior approval of the customer. If another car is able to fulfil the contract then no refund will be given, if no vehicle is supplied then the full hire contract money will be refunded.
4.9 Damage to the vehicle. You will be responsible for the conduct of all passengers during the service and Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers reserves the right to invoice or make a charge to you for any losses or damage sustained to any part of the vehicle caused by any passenger or a third party that causes damage to the vehicle. A minimum charge of £100 will be applied to cover valet costs should cleaning be required, caused by any passenger through food, drink or illness.
4.10 Grease or dirt from mechanical parts in the vehicle. The vehicles are cleaned thoroughly prior to hire, but no liability can be accepted for clothing stained or marked by road grime, oil or lubrication, however unlikely this may be, from any part of the vehicle. Where the vehicle may have a sliding roof or door, you must be aware that grease will be in the operational parts to function correctly, and care should be taken by the passengers when posing for photo opportunities around these parts. It is the Driver’s responsibility to open and close the car doors and where relevant the soft top roof.
4.11 Conduct of passengers. Violence, foul language, intimidation, antagonism or any form of anti-social behaviour towards the driver or any other member of Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers’ employees, agents or subcontractors will not be tolerated and will result in the immediate termination of the service and police involvement. Acts of vandalism or malicious damage caused to the car may face prosecution.
Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers and their driver, retain the right to refuse to convey any passenger who is drunk, or whose condition may put the driver, the vehicle, or other passengers at risk.
4.12 Seatbelts. A new UK law regarding seat belts came into force on 18th September 2006. For the protection of children it is compulsory for every child under 12 years of age or under 1.35cms in height to wear the correct restraint. Unlike taxis, wedding cars are NOT exempt from this new legislation. Vehicle drivers are legally responsible for ensuring children under 14 years of age are properly restrained in the car. As part of our terms and conditions you must advise us of any children using our vehicles who will be under 14 at the time of travel giving their actual ages and height . Our drivers will not be responsible for fitting the child seats – these must be provided and fitted by the responsible adult. We will not allow children to be carried in cars not fitted with seat belts. The following website has the full information on this new law.
4.13 Belongings left in the car. Our driver will check the car for passengers’ belongings left in the car after a service. However, Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers cannot be held responsible for any item broken during the journey or left in the car after the service. It is up to you to ensure you have all your belongings at the end of the service.
All articles of property recovered from the vehicle after each event will be held at the premises at which the vehicle is based in accordance with relevant statutory regulations for up to 14 days. You may make arrangements with Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers for a mutually convenient time to collect your items or arrange postage at your own cost.
4.14 Photographs. Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers will accommodate wedding party photographs within the booked time period of hire, should this be required as part of the hire agreement.
Where the photos are to be taken at a destination other than the collection, ceremony or reception address, the location must be provided in advance so that we can plan the route. Photoshoots must be at a safe location and not present risk to the customer, the driver or vehicle.
Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers may also take photographs of the vehicle on the day, for their own promotional use, which may be used on our social media sites and website.
4.15 Alcohol. We offer a package where we provide a hamper basket, glasses and cool bag to serve your own alcoholic beverage, should you wish to bring your own on the day. We fully believe this satisfies the law as it stands and therefore, if this is something you wish to do please confirm this at time of booking.
We also offer soft drinks hamper baskets as an optional extra.
5. Your rights to change the booking
5.1 If you wish to make a change to the booking before the wedding day, please contact us. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price, the timings, or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to proceed on that basis. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract. Your rights to do this are set out below.
6. Our rights to make changes
6.2 Changes to our services. Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers may make changes to the vehicles, but if we do, we will notify you and you may then contact us within 14 days to end the contract and receive a refund for anything that you have paid up to that date.
6.3 Changes to our terms. We may change these terms from time to time, but the terms applicable to your booking will be the terms in force when the booking was made, unless you agree to the change or the change is required due to a change in law.
7. Providing the services
7.1 When will we provide the services. We will provide the services on the date set out in the booking form completed by the Customer.
7.2 What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can provide the services to you, for example, number of people in the car and addresses for pick-up and drop-off. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and Clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for providing the services late if this is caused by you not giving us the information needed within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
7.3 Delays outside of our control. If the supply of the services is delayed by an event outside of our control, for example, but not exclusive to, heavy traffic or road closures, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided that we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event. We recommend that you are covered with adequate insurance.
If our supply of the services are late due to the our fault, then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away, but must tell us before making use of the services. If you use the car you will lose your right to terminate, but may still be entitled to a part refund.
7.4 If the vehicle becomes unavailable prior to the wedding day. We will contact you in advance to tell you that we cannot provide the services agreed, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency, for example, but not exclusive to theft, damage or breakdown, which occurs less than 24hrs prior to the commencement of the planned itinerary (if so, clause 7.5 will apply). If we are unable to supply you with the contracted vehicle, for example, but not exclusive to theft, damage or breakdown which cannot be repaired before the date of the booking, we will give you the possibility to choose another vehicle of a similar specification, if available. If we are unable to source a similar vehicle, we will offer you a full refund and the contract will be considered terminated (and Clause 7.6 will apply).
7.5 If the car becomes unavailable on the wedding day. You acknowledge that if an issue arises with the vehicle or driver on the day of the booking (or within 24hrs of the commencement of the planned itinerary) or during the delivery of the service, the ability to source another similar vehicle may be limited.
We will contact you or the nominated point of contact on the booking form to bring any issue to your attention and to agree any contingency plan.
We may send a second similar vehicle as a replacement. If the value of the replacement vehicle is less than the hired vehicle the difference will be refunded, if the value of the replacement is greater then there will be no extra charge added.
The decision will be given to the hirer whether to accept this option before we leave our base.
If this option is not accepted by the hirer then a full refund will be issued and our liability will be no further.
If the hirer or nominated point of contact cannot be contacted by phone using the details provided on the booking form, you will authorise us to make a decision on whether to dispatch a second vehicle on your behalf.
7.6 Your right to end the contract because of our actions. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out below, the contract will end. If a refund or part refund is due, this will be paid proportionally and will not exceed the total booking value, within 7 days of the termination, back into the account or onto the card from which the funds were received.
From the point of issuing the refund, it can then take another two to seven business days — depending on the card issuer’s refund-processing speed — for the refund to show up in your account.
The reasons for ending the contract are:
- We have told you about an upcoming major change to the vehicles or these terms which you do not agree to;
- the supply of the car is significantly delayed because of our fault;
- on the day we failed to deliver the agreed terms of service;
- we were unable to provide you with the contracted car (and no suitable alternative was available);
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
8. Cancellation terms
8.1 All cancellations must be made in writing to Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers.
8.2 Deposits for bookings that are cancelled within 14 days from the date the booking is confirmed (cooling off period) are refunded 100% as long as the event date is more than 30 days away.
8.3 Deposits for bookings that are cancelled after 14 days from the date the booking is confirmed are non-refundable.
8.4 Should the Hirer cancel within 30 days prior to the agreed wedding/ceremony date, then the outstanding balance, minus the deposit is still due in full. We will immediately re-advertise the date – but in the event that we do not secure another booking for the vehicle/s all monies are still due. If we manage to re-book the date with another customer, all the money paid will be refunded, minus the £100 deposit per vehicle.
8.5 In the event of the Hirer changing the date of a confirmed booking we will transfer the booking fee to the new date, subject to availability. However, if the new date is unavailable the Hirer will forfeit the booking fee of £100.
8.6 In the event that the Hirer changes the date within 30 days of the original agreed wedding date /ceremony, and the new date required is unavailable; then the full balance of the original hire will still be due in full.
9. How to end the contract with us
Tell us you want to end or cancel the contract by doing one of the following:
Phone or email. Call us on 0203 582 0289 or email us via our contacts page . Please provide your name, date of booking, details of the booking and contact details.
We will then respond to confirm that the cancellation has been made.
10. Our rights to end the contract
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a service at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment when it is due and following our reminder, do not make payment within 7 days; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary to provide the services, for example, addresses for pick-up and drop-off.
- If we end the contract in the situations set out above, we will keep any money you have paid in advance as a deposit and may charge you a cancellation fee as compensation for the costs incurred as a result of your breaking the contract. The cancellation fee will be calculated on the basis set out at Clause 8 above.
11. If there is a problem with the service
How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the service, please contact us. Call us on 0203 582 0289 or email us via our contacts page.
12. Hire costs and payment
12.1 The price The price of the vehicle will be in the email correspondence or phone calls leading up to the booking, and also the invoice (A booking deposit invoice, and second invoice for the balance).
12.2 . Payment options. You can make payment with credit and debit cards via either our online Payments page, or “Pay Now” link on our invoices. There is no fee charged you as a customer, the supplier absorbs the cost of processing the card payment, through our 3rd party card processing provider. We also accept payments by BACS, in which case no extra charges apply to you.
At the point of booking, we will issue you an invoice for the booking deposit (£100 per vehicle). You will have 7 days to make this payment. If you fail to do this, we will release the vehicle for other customers to book. Once the deposit comes through, we will email you a receipt to confirm the booking. Receipts sent directly from our accounts system sometimes go to the spam folder – so keep an eye out for them.
We will then send you a further invoice for the balance, due 30 days before the hire commences. You must pay the remaining balance of the invoice by 30 days before the wedding date shown on the booking form. In the event that you want to book cars at short notice, for these bookings (made within 30 days of the service) the full balance will be due at the time the booking is confirmed.
12.3 We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date the Supplier may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 2% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers interest together with any overdue amount.
13. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
13.1 We are not responsible to you for any loss or damage caused by failure to deliver the service. We are not responsible for any further loss or damage you may incur that is a result of our failure to deliver the service expected, other than the booking value of the hire of the service, provided we have taken reasonable care in the provision of our services. It is our recommendation and the responsibility of the customer to have an adequate wedding Insurance policy to cover loss or damage caused by a supplier failing to deliver their service.
13.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services
14. How we will use your personal information.
15. Other important terms
15.1Transfer of rights. You need the Supplier’s consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
15.2 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
15.3 Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may contact us to request our alternative dispute resolution provider.
15.4 These Term & Conditions have Copyright protection.
This website and its content is copyright of Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd T/A Buttercup Bus Vintage Campers – © . All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Buttercup Bus brand is operated by Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd. This forms the basis of an Agreement between the prospective hirer (you) and Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd (the Company) to rent the campervan photo booth service
In these Terms and Conditions , Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd (trading as Buttercup Bus) is the company providing the VW Camper photo booth services.
The person booking the services is referred to as ‘The hirer’.
2. Booking your Buttercup Bus VW Camper photo booth
To book your Buttercup Bus VW Camper photo booth please contact Buttercup Bus to discuss your requirements and confirm availability. We will then send you a booking form and invoice. To complete the booking, please:
” Complete the booking form that we send you, and return to us either by email or post as per instructions on the form
” Arrange the booking deposit of £100.00 to be paid as per instructions on the invoice. On receipt of the booking deposit, we will send you a receipt and confirm that your date has been secured.
3. Payment of the hire fee balance
3.1 Full payment of the VW Camper photo booth hire must be made no later than one month prior to the event. If booking within one month of the event date, full payment is required prior to confirmation.
3.2 Any additional charges incurred on the day of hire will be invoiced to the Hirer. The Hirer will pay the invoice within 1 month of the invoice date. (This includes any damages, parking fees or additional time)
4 Hire period
4.1 The hire period is when the photo booth will be open to guests. All setting up and dismantling of the VW Camper photo booth will take place up to 60 mins before and after the hire period.
4.2 In the event that the hire does not start at the agreed time as setup has been delayed due to either the venue not allowing access on time or your events are over running the hire will still end as per the agreed time on the booking form.
5.1 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd reserves the right to use any images taken at the event unless the Hirer has agreed otherwise, in writing beforehand. Images will be used for social media, any marketing and promotional material which advertises the VW Camper photo booth services on offer.
5.2 The Hirer in return will receive a single copy of the digital copy of images from the VW Camper photo booth to use as they see fit no later than 1 month after the event hire period. (Via a password protected website gallery)
5.3 Image files will be stored on a secure website for no less than 1 month, where guests may log in to download the images for free. After 1 month, Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd is under no obligation to retain or host the files on the website.
6 Extra hours and waiting times
6.1 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd is contracted for the agreed hours on the booking form. If the client wants to extend the hire period on the day of the event additional charges will be incurred at the hourly rate advertised on the website.
7 Cancellation of VW Camper photo booth Hire
7.1 All cancellations must be made in writing to Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd.
7.2 Deposits for the VW Camper photo booth hire bookings that are cancelled within 14 days from the date the booking is confirmed (cooling off period) are refunded 100% as long as the event date is more than one month away.
7.3 Deposits for the VW camper photo booth hire bookings that are cancelled after 14 days from the date the booking is confirmed are non-refundable.
7.4 Any cancellation of VW Camper photo booth hire bookings with less than 30 days from the date of the event will forfeit all monies paid.
8 Change of Date/Reschedule
8.1 Dates may be rescheduled with one month’s notice – change of event dates will be accommodated subject to availability.
8.2 Where we are unable to accommodate a revised date, the booking will be cancelled – please refer to the cancellation clause above.
9 Space Required for VW Camper photo booth Set-Up
9.1 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd requires space to operate allowing guests to line up outside the campervan.
9.2 The space available for set-up should be at least 7m wide, 7m long and 2.5m height clearance.
9.3 Access to the site should include height access of at least 2.3m.
9.4 The ground where the VW Camper photo booth is to be set up should be solid and level.
9.5 If the space is inadequate and insufficient we reserved the right to proceed with the cancellation policy above.
9.6 Parking costs incurred during the event or at any time Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd is on site is calculated as an additional cost and the Hirer’s responsibility. We take no responsibility for time incurred and consequent delay of hire due to inadequate parking available.
10 Photo Booth Power Requirements
10.1 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd will provide their own power supply. No external power source needs to be provided by the Hirer.
10.2 All equipment is battery operated, except for the printer (used for the Sunflower package). The printer is powered by a generator. In the unlikely event of the generator failing, we bring a power extension cable with us. If a power socket can be provided by the venue within 15m of the campervan booth location, we will be able to use this as contingency. If no alternative power supply is available, we can still operate the booth without prints.
11.1 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd will not be liable for failing to provide the VW Camper photo booth service due to the occurrence of events beyond its reasonable control. (eg severe weather conditions, traffic delays, breakdown of our vehicles, sickness or equipment failure). In all circumstances, the liability of Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd is limited to an amount equal to the VW Camper photo booth hire fee. Where only a partial service is provided, the amount of the hire fee will be refunded on a pro rata basis. We will do everything reasonably possible to avoid such an outcome and will liaise with you throughout to keep you informed.
11.2 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd will not be liable for indirect or consequential damages.
11.3 The VW Camper photo booth will be operational for a minimum of 80% during this period; occasionally, operations may need to be interrupted for maintenance of the photo booth (adjusting camera, lighting, etc).
11.4 Equipment fault(s) that may arise outside of the 80% operational period during the event will be rectified as soon as possible and loss of time will be compensated on a pro rata basis based on the amount of service received.
11.5 In the event of the images being corrupt, lost or stolen, or the printer / generator failing, Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd will compensate up to a total value of 25% of the hire fee.
12 Damage to Equipment
12.1 The Hirer is responsible for loss, theft or damage of all VW Camper photo booth equipment.
12.2 Any repairs resulting from damage of the equipment during the hire period will be transferred onto the client.
12.3 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd reserves the right to replace any equipment on day of hire to fulfil the contractual agreement without prior notification.
12.4 No food or drinks are allowed inside the VW Camper photo booth.
12.5 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd also holds the right to withdraw from the event if they believe the guests are compromising health and safety regulations or in any shape or form (including guests endangering themselves, others or the safety of hired equipment). As a result no refund will be given .
12.6 Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd reserves the right to refuse guests to participate in the photo booth if the booth operator feels that they are too unruly or too intoxicated.
12.7 In any instances where Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd feel there is a need to terminate the hire early, we will always try to speak with the Hirer first to attempt to resolve the matter.
13.0 Venue details
It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all address details of the venue are correct including a full postcode. Vanilla Chinchilla Ltd cannot be held responsible for any errors or delays resulting from incorrect or missing address details.