Sometimes it is really good to escape the busy lifestyle of London and take things at a slower pace. Having a business that offers classic VW Camper Hire in London has a few perks, and one of them is being able to jump in one of the old girls and take it for a spontaneous trip… I always try to visit new places so that I can build up a list of recommended places for our campervan hirers.
Last week, I took a trip to Dorset. A nice, gentle poolte in Buttercup, our 1977 primrose and white pop top camper. What with the weather being forecast to dip to -1 degrees at night, I looked for a campsite that came with a mains hook up, so that I could make use of her electric heater to stay toasty warm (I also indulged in bringing a hot water bottle!!).
I was really excited when I found South Lytchett Manor Caravan and Camping Park online, and booked straight away. They have been awarded AA Campsite of the year 2016 and it’s very easy to see why!!
The campsite was run by the nicest and most helpful people, and I was greeted at the shop at the entrance with a warm welcome.
I stocked up at the shop with tea and chocolate biscuits (they had a well stocked shop with all sorts of useful items) and then made my way to my pitch. The campsite is stunning – quiet, picturesque and came with lovely features and facilities. Here are some of my favourites:
- Telephone box book swap library (Yes, it was set up in a vintage telephone box complete with chandelier, and campers could swap their books over)
- Shower facilities which were immaculate, complete with decent hairdryers and “Deb Aromatherapy” Hand and Body Lotion on tap. (As I walked in, the music piped through playing “Feelin’ Groovy” by Simon and Garfunkel – capturing my mood perfectly! Ha ha!)
- Pretty Romany Caravan onsite to hire
- Dylans restaurant at the Courtyard Centre serving a hot breakfast, just a hop and a skip away from the campsite (although I could have always cooked my own on the campervan’s gas hob and supplied kitchenware)
- A gorgeous pub called St Peters Finger within stumbling distance (10 mins) of the campsite (I had my delicious dinner there and sampled some of the famous handcrafted Hall and Woodhouse ales)
- Free Wi-Fi available and accessible from your pitch – a decent speed too!
Telephone box book swap
Romany caravans for hire at the campsite
Me (Nathalie) with one of our VW Campers called Buttercup
I would not hesitate in recommending the South Lychett Manor campisite – perfect for a holiday stay with one of our hired VW Campers.
The campsite can be contacted on 01202 622577 or you can visit their website at www.southlytchettmanor.co.uk
The address is: South Lytchett Manor Caravan & Camping Park Ltd, Dorchester Road, Lytchett Minster, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6JB